I spend my word days immersed in children’s books, but even I have heard people talking about these upcoming non-kidlit books. I might even read a couple of these:
- When She Woke by Hilary Jordan – Reviews are comparing this book to The Handmaid’s Tale meets The Scarlet Letter. What can I say? I’m intrigued. Due out in October.
- Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler – The advance copy I have sitting on my desk came with postcards of the art by Maira Kalman. Yes, please. Also, Liz at Tea Cozy posted a teaser about this book that has me more excited about it than I was. I mean, it’s Lemony Snicket for goodness’ sake! Due out in December.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – There must be an advance copy floating around my office somewhere because my colleague reviewed this intriguing fantasy for our company blog. Due out on September 13.
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King – I have never read any Stephen King before, but I really like time travel novels. And this one sounds good. Due out in November.
- Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined by Steven Pinker – It’s an interesting title to say the least. Due out in October.