As usual, there is a lot going on this weekend. Here are my picks:
- Second Saturday Free Ride to the Minnesota Children’s Museum with this pass. It also gets you a couple bucks off admission.
- Amy Powell, author of the salad cookbook Salad Days, will be signing copies of her book at the Seward Coop on Saturday, August 13th from noon to 2pm.
- The authors of The Minnesota Table will be at Mississippi Market on Saturday, August 13th. See the website for more info.
- Explore the “reading room” at the Walker Art Center at various times throughout the weekend.
- Pizza Luce Block Party on Saturday, August 13th. It starts out with Koo Koo Kanga Roo, so be there with the kids around noon for that. I’m looking forward to several bands, including Communist Daughter, Me and My Arrow, and P.O.S.
- David Lynch Night at the Loring Theatre will feature a screening of Blue Velvet and a DJ set of Lynch-inspired tracks by Grant Cutler.
- Sunday, August 14th is Family Day at Minneapolis Institute of Arts. The theme is “Imagine.”
Don’t forget to visit a farmers market this weekend for Farmers Market Week. Have fun, everyone!