- Michele Norris‘ book The Grace of Silence is the choice for One Minneapolis, One Read. There are lots of interesting events related to the book throughout the fall and winter. Don’t miss out!
- Remember the book Learn to Speak Music by John Crossingham (which I posted about here with advice from local musicians to inspire the next generation)? There is a new title out called Learn to Speak Dance with the same retro design and lots of great advice about making dance one’s career. Very cool.
- I finally saw my name in print! My article about books with characters who have a disability is in the latest issue of Book Links magazine. I’m so excited!
- It’s Free First Saturday at the Walker Art Center on October 1st.
- The Twin Cities Book Fest announced the Children’s Pavilion authors and activities. Looks great! Mark your calendars for October 15th.
- Don’t miss the last block party of the year this weekend at Nick & Eddie. The 274 Music Fest has a great lineup including Me & My Arrow, Gospel Gossip, and more. Here’s a video of Gospel Gossip on the Current’s Local Show just to get you excited: