- M83 has a new album out: Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming. Popstache says: “If M83 (aka Anthony Gonzalez) hadn’t deliberately put together his forthcoming double album, slowly fusing styles and influences from his past efforts while carefully experimenting in newfound territory, it might have perfectly scored Spike Jonze’s fantasy film, Where The Wild Things Are.”
- Jeffrey Eugenides, author of Middlesex and The Virgin Suicides, has a new book out as of this week: The Marriage Plot. I am number 432 on the library waiting list. I will blog about it someday.
- Jose Saramago’s distinctive style doesn’t suit everyone, but his newest novel certainly has an interesting setting. Cain re-imagines the Bible story of Cain and Abel.
- I blogged about Girls Don’t Fly a few weeks ago in a Secular Thursday post. It is available as of this week for your reading pleasure.
- Local illustrator (until a recent move took her to Rhode Island) Christina Rodriguez featured the Little Free Libraries that are popping up all over Minnesota as her Art Crush Wednesday post.
- Marketing Mama discovers a hidden gem: the alley behind Nick and Eddie. It’s really quite lovely, and all summer long (not to mention fall) it is home to local music with various festivals and other events.
- Local band, Hot Ashes, released an EP earlier this year. Here is one of the songs from the EP:
In the News:
- I had asked a question on Facebook about #OccupyMN and kids, and Shannon from The Radical Housewife responded with this post about her family’s participation in the protest.
- This article from the Washington Examiner also features a young person getting involved with #OccupyMN. Such a diverse group of people at this event!
- You can follow the #OccupyMN hashtag for more updates about our local group standing up with those occupying Wall Street.