- I posted about Intermedia Arts recent youth art show, but those of you who were unable to get there to see it can enjoy this slideshow. Love this organization!
- The HandmadeMN challenge this month has some mustachioed creations from local artisans. Vote for your favorite here. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Stachefest at Cause on Saturday, November 19th.
Thoughts on Creativity:
- Sara Zarr, author of How to Save a Life, writes about creativity & failure in a guest post on the What Inspires You series on Distraction no. 99:
“The creative process, and the creative life, is mostly full of moments between the idea and the being done, the spark and the blazing fire, the shimmering magic and the finished piece. We’re always living in the gap between our vision of what could be and what might be, and what is.”
- This video looks at what deadlines can do to creativity. You can’t rush art.
And it’s all about me:
- My review of Baby-Making: What the New Reproductive Treatments Mean for Families and Society is on Library Journal‘s web site. If you are interested in the ethics behind fertility treatments, this is the book for you.
- The first of two reports on what I learned at the recent AASL conference is in a blog post about using picture books to teach character traits for my employer’s blog.