- What book lover doesn’t like Books about Books?–that’s the topic of my latest Books in Bloom post featuring some very cute picture books.
- Speaking of picture books, I also have a guest post on The Artful Parent this week: 4 New Picture Books to Inspire Your Young Artists.
- As for non-picture books, an interesting and controversial book I reviewed for Library Journal is now available. Choosing Cesarean by Magnus Murphy is a fascinating read for anyone interested in women’s health issues or the politics of birth regardless of whether you agree that women should be able to choose an elective c-section.
- As part of Arts Week on MPR’s Midday, Marianne Combs, Jeremy Messersmith, Haley Bonar, and Toki Wright talked about songwriting in this great segment.
- If you are interested in what local musicians have to say about songwriting, you might like this post of mine in which I did just that: Speaking Music.
- This is the last weekend of the Storyland exhibit at the MN Children’s Museum! If you have young children, I highly recommend checking it out while you still can. Here’s what I had to say about it: Stories Come Alive at the MN Children’s Museum.
- Mark your calendars now for Rock the Cradle 2012 on February 26th. It’s a fun event that celebrates music, art, and family (read: my kinda thing).
- Maybe you’re sick of the meme already, but I thought this was pretty funny. I present to you, Sh*t Minnesotan’s DON’T Say via IamMNnice.com