I didn’t realize how few local museums I’d been to until I read that there are over 600 museums in Minnesota. More fun facts about museums are on the MN Museums Month web site, but I thought I’d highlight a few of the museums that have been on this blog over the past two years.
- The Bakken Musem – I included a link to this unique science center in this post about little-known naturalist/botanical artist Maria Merian because the Bakken has a lovely garden on its grounds.
- The Walker Art Center – I posted about the Frank Gaard exhibit (which just ended yesterday) and the recent graphic design exhibit. I’ve also raved about the family programming that the Walker. We love Arty Pants and Free First Saturdays!
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts – One Sunday a month is family day at MIA. We haven’t been in a while, but we have enjoyed it in the past.
- Science Museum of Minnesota – Last May I attended a Citizen Conference at the museum about early childhood education. It was a really cool opportunity to connect with the community, and I hope they plan to do more programs like this in the future.
- Minnesota Children’s Museum – I blogged about the Storyland exhibit (which has since ended) and related it to child development.
What are your favorite museums (local or otherwise)?