Here are a few links I found interesting this week:
- The Brief Zine Publishing Career of Mo Willems – I love Mo Willems, and it’s pretty cool to have an established illustrator like him talk about getting his start by self publishing his own zines.
- 15 Young Adult Books Every Adult Should Read – Should I admit that I actually haven’t read all of the books on this list? The ones I have read, I completely agree with, btw.
- Should You Boycott Ender’s Game Because of the Author’s Views? – Ender’s Game has been one of my favorite books for a long, long time, but the author and I have very different views on gay marriage. I’m for it. He’s against it. This blog post looks at the pros and cons of boycotting the movie.
- Disability in Kidlit – This month-long project takes on the way people with disabilities are portrayed in children’s books with book reviews and discussions from various people in the kidlit community, including me.
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T: What does it mean to you? – Blogger Wendy Thomas Russell asks what it means to respect people who have different beliefs or values than you and what we tell our children about respect. Very interesting. There are no easy answers.
What have you read or shared this week?